The International English Language Testing System is the key language qualification which is required for entry into British, Australian (and many American) universities and colleges of higher education. We offer Full-Time IELTS preparation of 22.5 hours of lessons per week in classes of maximum 12. The minimum age is 18 and the minimum enrolment period is 4 weeks. To join one of our IELTS classes, students should be at least lower-intermediate level (CEF B1). If you are unsure about your suitability for an IELTS course, we can send you a pre-test to complete. You may also prefer to join one of our General English classes until your level is suitable for IELTS.
The course is an intensive preparation course which aims to provide you with the skills you need for the Cambridge IELTS exam. We understand the time pressure you may have and our intensive programme has been designed with this in mind.
- Focus on all the skills required for the exam, as well as specific areas of grammar and vocabulary necessary for IELTS
- Learn a variety of exam techniques through a range of activities
- Fully-trained and experienced IELTS teachers
- Dynamic lessons to keep you motivated and encourage maximum progress
- Modern course books and a range of materials, all included in the fees
- Our IELTS course manager is a published IELTS author and teacher trainer
- Regular practice exams to help you measure progress and identify areas for improvement
- Daily homework to consolidate the lesson
- Detailed feedback on your written work
- A wide range of self-access material to help you progress quickly
- LSI is a British Council-approved IELTS test centre so you can take your exam in an environment where you feel comfortable. There are many exam dates to choose from, especially in spring and summer
OUR IELTS REPUTATION
LSI Portsmouth has a very strong reputation around the world as an IELTS teaching and testing centre. This is helped not only by the excellence of our teaching, but also by a few other factors:
1. IELTS AUTHORS
We have a very experienced team of IELTS specialists at LSI and one of our teachers has even co-written an IELTS text book with an ex-teacher of ours that is now used in many schools.
2. IELTS CONFERENCE
LSI Portsmouth hosted the first ever IELTS conference in the UK in 2012, something of which our teachers are very proud.
3. IELTS TEST CENTRE
LSI is one of the few private language schools to have been approved by the British Council as an official IELTS testing centre and our test certificates are recognised by more than 9,000 organisations around the world. You can take your exam with us if you will not need the certificate for UK visa purposes. We usually hold two examinations every month. At LSI, students can be given their exam results on the 13th day after the test. We can also assist and give advice to students with their university applications. The cost of the IELTS exam in 2015 is £150.